Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflection brings Knowledge

Yesterday and today were wonderful days of Nothing-ness and Family togetherness. I welcomed a New Year today and realized that this past year even with all of it's struggles and challenges was still one of the best years yet.


This past year I turned 35, and if I am lucky I have lived only half my life. My birthday celebration was the best of simplicity and I think the best that I can remember. I have four beautiful children and even with the bad days I am luckier than some. They all drive me crazy and make me laugh hysterically in the same day. I learned to redefine my meaning of friendship, and I learned that there are many different definitions of perfect. I also learned to be who I am, not who other people and life want me to be. That is sometimes a hard thing to remember when you live in a small town.


My last lesson in 2008....which is one that I forgot somewhere in my adult life. But Thank You to The Princess for reminding me....


It isn't a Party without a Party Hat!!!


We spent the day yesterday hanging out, making different little craft projects, and deciding on our resolutions! We worked on our journals, and we made party hats for our New Year's Celebration. As promised here are some pictures of the finished product.....






Our party hats were on clearance at Michael's for .50 and I think were meant to be Elf hats during Christmas, but they served us well as Party Hats! A little glue, glitter, ribbon and pom-poms...Party Hats all around! The Princess asked everyone who called both yesterday and today if they had a party hat, and encouraged them to come over and see ours!



I also set the table Nice and FANCY, dressed up in our finest....and ate a Silly Non-Fancy dinner. This years choice....take-out Chinese!



I set the table with some Blue and Silver decorations, for some reason in my minds eye Blue, Silver and Black are New Years colors. I used a pair of beautiful blue candlesticks that I bought at an antique store...I love them! A huge hurricane filled with ornaments, and transferred all foods into pretty glass dishes. Food always tastes better when it is served on a pretty table and on pretty dishes!





The kids had a great time dancing around the living room, the ball dropped and New Years kisses all around!!



My resolutions for this year are pretty simple. No major changes...


1. Be more disciplined...menu's, life choices, housework...



2. Create one project per week....relieves stress for me



3. Scrapbook at least one page per week


4. Remember what is important to me


Ohhhh...I also learned that I should never make this face again!! I was told that I looked like a "Crazy" Whoo!!

No comments: