Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My husband is a Superstar!


In the opinion of our children, their dad is a SUPERSTAR right now. They always knew he had a special job, but today they have decided that he is a superstar, and I have to agree. I allowed the kids to stay home from school to watch the full coverage of the day, this was after all a monumental day in history! Even though we could have stowed away in my husbands car and actually been at the Capital today, we opted to stay home and watch everything on TV. Much warmer and much safer. Their Daddy was right there in the thick of EVERYTHING!!

My husband not only spoke with 4 - yes 4 different Presidents today, but he was right up there with our new President, Mr. Obama!!!!! He was once again a part of history, just as he was for 9/11, President Ronald Regan, Rosa Parks, and President Ford.
He has had the opportunity to meet and talk with Leaders of the World, the Leaders of our Country, the Famous and all the while he is a humble man who is "just doing his job" like all the other men and women on Capital Hill. Most of the time he somehow slips baseball into the conversation...his real love! In fact he had a lengthy conversation today with President Bush about baseball and college life in Southern Texas. I love you babe, you never cease to surprise me!
He puts his life on the line ever day for the leaders of our country, both big and small. He is instrumental in the training of other officers and represents his department very handsomely in for their special occasions.....and I am very honored to be his wife and so happy that he comes home to me and our children every day.

This is an unbelievable day, I couldn't be more hopeful for our country and more blessed to live here.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That's awesome! I love that you are so proud of him! And so you should be.
How cool is that!