Monday, January 12, 2009

Lookie...Lookie...

Today I went with a girlfriend - and The Princess - to a great little quilt shop in West Annapolis. It is such a small shop that it is literally JAM packed with fabric goodness!! They have this one little hallway that is filled with all different shades of pink...I love it in there. I am instantly "happy" when I walk in there.

I resisted most of my temptations but did come home with a few lovelies! I can't begin to tell you how many bolts of fabric I walked away from. I have made a serious vow to not buy anything that I am not going to use right away....or at least in the very near future this year! I struggle with this because I do love fabric....and scrapbook paper....and embellishments....and pretty much anything crafty! OK..sorry...focusing!


These few little select pieces HAD to come home with me! I have a plan for all of them. I am going to make a skirt(s) for myself out of the brown with large floral, and either a shirt/tunic or skirt out of the blue/green print. The small bird print which I love is going to be a shirt or dress for Lily. And it just so happens that the pink cupcake print I have a matching fabric for. I had bought it earlier in the year.




Hayden (The Brawn) feels that this looks like a tablecloth...but I love it!
I am truly thinking of trying the dress from Sew Hip's latest edition. It is really cute! I think that a cute shirting would be nice...too bad I can't find a darn picture!
Because I work better on a deadline...I have made myself a little "To Do" chart to get my "Want to do" projects done. I am hoping that it will work...I am posting it on the closet in my Craft Studio, however since I don't go in there every day I think I need to post it in several places! I will share with you tomorrow!
I would also accomplish much more if I would institute my "Self dicipline" for the New Year and go to bed earlier, get up earlier and only spend time on the computer in the morning......
So much work, so little time.....

1 comment:

April Kennedy said...

Heather....thanks for finding Butterflies! I am having fun with it! Can't wait to see the skirt you are going to start and can I just say....I LOVE that material with the little birds on it....so dang cute!

Have a great day!