Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Day late, But Not a $1 Short!!!

Who says you can't buy anything cute or pretty for a $1?? Thrifting is so fun and I am in LOVE with this one little thrift store that I have stumbled on. I get SO EXCITED when I go in there! I always find something and last weeks trip didn't let me down! I haven't had a chance to show them off to you! Everything I bought that day was either $1.00 or .25!! I got this entire pile for $7 and some change!!





This Bean pot, was $1.00!! I found two of them but I was feeling very generous and passed along my knowledge of the pots whereabouts to a young couple who I could see were after similar finds. It is in great condition! It does have a small chip in the lid, but other than that...perfect! It is made in the USA by Hall China. That is a find for $1.00!!! I am making beans in it tomorrow night!






That cute little white pitcher, the white plate which will be serving pastries at the shop and those little vintage coffee cups and plates which will also be serving our lovely customers at the shop cost me only .25 each!!! Can you stand it?!?!?! I love them! They are super cute and I love them...did I say that? Oh, and the plate & pitcher - made in the USA!


The glass canisters in the back have already made their way up to my craft studio and filled with pretty little things!

Lily even had a ball in a box of notions that I found. That's my girl.... See all those packages of bias tape? They were only .05 each! She picked one out for everyone...everyone we know I think! She even tried to tell me that she needed one for one of our customers at the shop..it was too cute!




That cute little soup mug was also only a quarter and I couldn't pass it up!! I have ended my mission to find vintage soup mugs after getting my set of handmade soup mugs from our shop. They aren't vintage, but they sure are beautiful and they can hold more soup than you can actually eat!! Aren't they pretty....they were NOT $1.00 but they were worth every penny!


I hope to find more FAB finds tomorrow!

1 comment:

April Kennedy said...

thrift shops are my new favorite addiction. and bummer they just closed down our salvation army in napa. but we do have a fabulous antique store downtown.

congrats on your finds and for sharing!