Monday, February 23, 2009

SCORE!!!



On Saturday I took a very - very quick trip to a little antique store up the road and boy am I glad I did!! I found so many new treasures! I brought home some of my favorites - and the ones that I could justify buying - and left behind treasures that I am sure I will long for.....for days.....maybe weeks! But look at these treasures...and other than the box, all treasures qualify for Fab Finds under $5.00
This is the sweetest little apron, very flirty....Jerry wasn't sure it was supposed to be worn in the kitchen! I assured him it was since it had little veggies on it.

Look at those goodies...the lace and little thread spools were super cheap...like $1.50 and not nearly as exciting as finding the longer ones which are old thread bobbins. I almost did a happy dance in the store...I had been wanting these for ribbon and embellishment storage in my craft room. I think they are beautiful! Speaking of beautiful...look at that box!


I also bought this piece of lace, I really don't think I am going to use it for anything...maybe display at the shop, but It is really sweet - had to have it. And look at the detail on that box...


"The box" is actually an old candy tin! I think it is so pretty, it is either going to store trinkets in the craft room or I am going to put it on my dresser for my growing collection of vintage jewelry and pins. Either way, I had to have it...it was the most expensive think I bought all day. Even cost me more than a 5' mirror!


OK, this is where I get really excited....
Check these babies out!! I found these patterns tucked away....I really can't tell you how much they excite me! They are all 1950-1960's time frame, and the one in the back there is several (18 to be exact) applique patterns!!! All of them uncut...!! They say they are size 14, however...it seems to me that is about an 8 or 10 these days!


I plan on making this dress - the full skirt version - in about a MILLION different fabrics!!!! I am going to wear it every day....all summer....did I mention every day?? ..... I fully admit something is wrong with me!!!



These two pieces I really thought were cool. The coil thing is a bracelet...very retro, it was only a $1 and I thought it would look cool with that dress it is hanging out with. The pin is really beautiful in person. The flower petals are two different greens and it is in excellent condition!!





These little critters and four of their friends came home with me...these are temporarily on the waiting list. My kids love these little Wade animals and their price was just right so I bought all of them and let the kids pick one each for completing their chores on Sunday. There is a mad dash going on to earn another one. First come first serve.....the little chimp back there seems to be last on the wish list.



Hope you had a great weekend and a grand start to your week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Have fun sewing all those pretty new clothes.

Dreamer said...

I love antique shopping but have not been in ages. Great finds!

Lara said...

Fun! I especially love the bobbins and the flower pin. Green is my favorite color you know. Just in case you ever get tired of owning it!