Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In my heart


Valentines day may be over, but I am totally realizing what a romantic I really am! I don't come across in my daily life as one, but in my heart I am totally a romantic! I was laying in bed last night- not falling asleep but refusing to get out of bed because that would break my routine of going to bed early!!! But there I was thinking of all the "dreams" I had when I was a little girl, even some that I had tucked pretty far back in the memory bank because somebody told me "that" wasn't realistic, and some that I still have as an adult. I realized that I am at heart a romantic!

I dreamt of a man sweeping me off my feet, living in a romantic-fairytale marriage, raising beautiful healthy children, staying home with them and baking cupcakes and cookies for them and my big strong husband. Literally I would cook, clean and bake for my family in a lovely swinging 40-50's style dress if that is all that life required of me. I am pretty sure that I would love every minute of it!!!

It started out pretty good...met and married my husband within six months, started a family right away, and then......

Life got in the way...so frustrating!!

Most people might not recognize this Romantic side in me...but they probably don't really "know" me like you do...kidding. If you came into our shop you might see it in my surroundings, but in my every day life of dropping off kids, working/running the shop, trying to get all the homework done, feed the family, blah-blah-blah you would not see it. I am pretty straight forward...I don't get lost in the romance of "taking care of my family" - I get caught up in process of "getting it all done"!! I guess I just get a little lost.....
I still dream of a fairytale marriage (don't get me wrong, I love my husband..but this is no fairytale...boys don't smell or grow hair in funny places in your dreams), I dream of moving somewhere "romantic" like a ranch in Utah or Montana or Northern California...or Southern California by the beach, wearing flowy dresses and educating my children using non-traditional methods, the list goes on and on! I pray that I am raising happy children...the healthy comes and goes...but happy and mentally healthy is good enough most days.

I realized all this laying there trying to sleep...I also realized that there is a reason I don't go to be too early, I end up laying there thinking too much and it takes me too long to fall asleep!!
I am going to buy myself something romantic and girly today....maybe something like these which can be found on Etsy from liliswan



Or maybe this...which I love! I even think her description of this piece slightly describes me...check it out here




And I think I need this pretty little pink tablecloth to feed my family on! Which is also found on Etsy from divinedebrisvintage.

OK...now I am good and tired, I think I can go to bed and fall asleep.

No comments: