Saturday, February 21, 2009

If I am Lucky

This picture is from my birthday this year, which by far was the best birthday EVER!

I am 35 years old and if I am lucky, I have lived half my life so far. I feel like this half way marker is a great place to be. I have four incredible, beautiful, vivacious children. Each one unique in their own sense, each passionate about their own adventures and each still so in love with their mama that it fills my heart to just where it needs to be each day. I have a husband who adores me and loves me in his very own way. Don't get me wrong... we argue, we bicker, we disagree...we are human but in the end we still love each other.


If I am at my "mid life" portion of my life than I am very privileged! I feel like I finally have allowed myself to be who I really am, and the strength to be who I want to be and not who people think I should be. But also continuing to evolve into myself, and show my children that it is OK to evolve and become what they are meant and want to be. This year (birth year, not calender year) I have found myself content with so much more in life and yet requiring so much less "stuff" in life. I have had the most wonderful - simple holiday celebrations with just my husband and children, and even though I LOVE social settings and friends I have become more introspective and I really like that too!


I think I am having mid-life greatness and not a mid-life crisis. I think people freak out when they get to that halfway portion of life because they realize that they haven't been totally honest to themselves about what they wanted for themselves and for the people they love.


Last night I was knitting, laughing and having some really great girl talk with some friends and we all agreed that even with full plates, being overwhelmed sometimes by the "real" parts of life. You know..the laundry, the "mom, mom, mom......", the homework, dinner and etc. that we are all very lucky to have those things to overwhelm us. While we can't be perfect we can certainly work to be the best for ourselves, just ourselves! Not for someone else's opinion but in our own opinion.


The friends I have, the friends I have lost, the great accomplishments and the big mistakes have brought me here to who I am today and, I would do it all again to be right where I am today.


I like being half way there...means there is a lot more to go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! I really hope I can have the same clarity and contentness through life :) I'm 25 today and everything feels still like I *need to achieve more*! I love your blog and always adore the stuff you've made and bought!!!