Monday, January 28, 2008

Who forgot to got to the grocery store???


Ok, I have to admit...I used to love the grocery store, now...not so much!! Maybe it is the constant wrestling with the "Wild Octopus" that regularly shops with me! But, why do I bring up such a sore subject you wonder??? Well, because the other day when I went to make dinner - I had one of those "Oh, OK, what can we make with what is on the shelf.....". And, let me tell you it tasted YUMMMY!!!! It was a dreary day and I threw the following list of ingredients in the crock pot and at dinner time it was all warm & yummy!! I had to come up with a equally cozy name for it too...."Chicken Pot Pie ~ Soup" It was yummy and even provided enough to freeze for a second "uh-oh" moment!


So, here is how it went.....

Chicken Breast - skinless, boneless, of course if you had left over chicken that would work great!!!

Couple of fresh carrots

Few stalks of fresh celery

Potatoes - 1 or 2...whatever you have on hand...lol

Onion - chopped

Frozen peas - just a handful

Can of Cream Corn - who eats it unless you camouflage it anyway???

Can of Cream of Mushroom soup

2 Cans of Chicken Broth

Herbs de Provence

Bag of Egg Noodles


I cut and sauteed the chicken in a little oil, just until browned on either side

Peeled and chopped the Potatoes, Carrots, Celery and Onions, laid them in the crock pot

Popped the Chicken pieces on top

Added the cream of corn, soup and stock

Stirred it up, added the spices

Put it on High for an hour, switched it to low and let it simmer for a few hours - like 4.


Just before dinner I cooked the package of egg noodles, served their bowls with the egg noodles under the soup!


It was so YUMMY!!!!! It was also carb friendly because it was mostly veggies and only one can of cream soup! You could skip the noodles and make it a skinny soup all the way!!!


Ok...that is all for me tonight! Off to bed!!!

No comments: