Sunday, January 6, 2008

My word for the Year.."FOCUS"

I was reading the Ali Edwards challenge of choosing a word for yourself for 2008...so my word for 2008 is FOCUS. It should be easy to remember because I say it to myself about 200 times a day!! I constantly have to remind myself to focus on finishing up this or that before I move on to that or that....know what I mean??? I want to focus on several things.....spoken like the ADD queen that I am! For Starters:
  • hitting my goal weight
  • getting back into "my life"
  • getting organized AGAIN ****This is the TOP of my "FOCUS" goal!!!******
  • regrouping
  • patience
  • finishing tasks
  • balance between life and "work"
  • getting business together
  • getting "it" all done to spend time creating
  • declutter
  • focus on things that make me happy
  • focus on spending more time with the kids doing "some thing" meaningful to them

OK, that is the abbreviated list. I know that it is hard to "focus" on one task at a time when you are a mom, wife, woman, person...etc. But, it is something that we need to do.

Getting organized as you know is a BIG GOAL right now, and I am going to FOCUS on it first!! LOL. Many of us have the same goal of getting "organized" this year, since every shoe doesn't fit every woman the same, I have decided that instead of trying to "reorganize" and "regroup" for you, I think it is best for you to decide the order that works best for you and I will work in the order that works best for me. We can do it together, but in the order that we need.

With that being said if we equip ourselves with the proper tools, it will be easier - now, I am also "focused" on saving money this year...so look for the "girl on a budget" post coming soon - lets use resources that we have on hand to help us get organized!

First step...Make a list! ~ Tools required: Paper/pencil

What goes on your list??? Whatever you WANT to do...purge your mind! Get it all out and on paper...your brain will feel lighter!! I divided my list into two sides....Right Now, Near Future.

After you have "Your" list, you can decide how you want to break down your projects. I would start with the one that is nagging you most! If I close my eyes right now, the thing that comes out like a green monster is the garage! It drives me crazy, I can't find anything in there right now....why?? Because we let our systems in the garage fall by the wayside, so everything is out of order and out of its place! It is driving me crazy...especially since there are Christmas decorations that need to be put away! Now...the garage is not on the top of my "Right Now" side of my list, but it is on the top of my "Near Future" list. As much as the garage is driving me crazy, I need to "shut the door" - literally - until I finish what is on the "right now" side. You might have an area that you need to do this for...go for it...it will still be there when you finish what needs to be done "right now".

So, "RIGHT NOW" I need to make Birthday invitations, finish two projects for a friend, meet a few deadlines and get pictures back on my website! I will be checking them off my list as I go :)

Good luck, get started!! Check back soon, I have a cute idea for you to use to keep yourself and your lists organized!!

Heather

No comments: