Monday, January 14, 2008

Did you miss me????

No, I didn't run away or go on vacation....Nothing that fun!! I just got buried in life and my craft studio...I enjoyed the craft studio part better!! Made a few cute little outfits for a girlfriend...a cute Easter shirt...and started on some bows, worked on invitations.

I did discover a few things (besides dust bunnies and a wealth of scrapbooking supplies I forgot about) these past couple of days....I have pretty great kids who are "caring" and "care" about other people. I see them take their ability to "make something with their own two hands" and give it to someone else to make a difference. Even something as simple as a birthday card can make a difference for someone!

My daughter did something completely beautiful ~ sweet ~ selfless ~ and totally caring for someone else today. Someone she has never met, and will never know. It makes me a little emotional to really "think" about it. So your asking what did she do??? Well.....let me preface this by saying that she knows that I am participating in a huge auction/effort to donate $$ to the surviving family of a woman who was killed with four of her children by a drunk driver on New Years Eve. Today she wasn't feeling well so she stayed home from school and while she was upstairs she decided - on her own -to make a necklace to add to the auction efforts. She brought it down to me and asked if I would auction it off for the family. It is a beautiful necklace and was carefully made by her, to the best of her crafting ability. I am so proud of her, she is a beautiful girl inside and out!!!

Search Ebay from now through the 20th, with the search terms "Beth & Angels". Ebay prohibits us to tell you that the money from the auctions will be donated to the families of the surviving victims - but all money is being donated, some sellers are taking out their fees but donating everything else!

Ok, the second thing I figured out this weekend....I found that I let myself get buried in life and didn't take time to "capture" the moments that were burying me!! I barely took any pictures this past year!!!! I have 4 digital cameras. one always within reach, and barley took any pictures!! What is wrong with me!!! I am feeling very "reflective" right now because my "baby" is turning TWO on Friday!!! TWO ~ where did two years go???? And then on Monday, one of my other "babies" is turning 10....how do these things happen!?!?!?

So part of my FOCUS is to Focus on keeping track of all those little details....each and every one!!! More photographs...More pages to scrapbook....More cards to make...yeah! My ADD just kicked in.....ahhhhh

No comments: