Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Quickie Project...

Looking for a Quick and Easy little project???

Journal


A little while back I talked about a quick little project my daughter and I completed in my "newly re-organized" Craft Studio.....do you like the fancy wording for my "craft room"??? It sounds so much prettier..."Craft Studio"....OK, focusing!!


This was a very simple project and I am sure that I am not the first one to do it! But, what a great way to use up some scraps and leftovers. I can think of a bazillion options for these!! And what cute little teacher gifts...if you have any cute little teachers to give them to....:)




I started out with your basic Composition book, and my daughter used a small spiral bound notebook.
Some scrapbook papers/cardstock













Adhesive, Scissors, Stamps & Stamp pads(optional), Ribbon or embellishments, Scissors, craft knife, etc.



(OK...so my picture is not complete with ribbons, stamps, etc...sorry!!!)







*I simply measured and cut the carstock to the size of the comp. book (front and back). Glued the daylights out of it, adhered it and then cut around the edges with a craft knife to make sure tehy were flush.
*For the binding side, I used a wide piece of ribbon (1.5") and glued it down. I found that the ribbon worked better than cardstock....cardstock was too stiff.

Then I added some ebellishments to the front and back. The finished project looked like this:

My daughter did the smaller spiral bound notebook. Isn't it cute!!! We had a really good time doing it together....a little Mommy&Daughter time!


Also, if you want you can use these nifty little tabs to divide up your comp. book. If your like me you have a million projects/lists going at one time and this way you can keep them all together!!




Think of all the possibilites on this one. I loved the size my daughter made for quick little notes/reminders..great size to throw in your purse or diaper bag!

No comments: