Monday, January 7, 2008

REWIND.....

Rewind for a minute!! I forgot to tell you about my trip to this great fabric store last weekend and the very cool lady I met there....a celebrity if you will!! I got to spend 5 hours - yes 5 fabulous hours with no kiddo's!! I love my kids, just not in the fabric store...it takes concentration....and I am so easily distracted by the "MOM.....blah, blah, blah....." every two minutes, they don't like to be in the fabric store for 20 minutes much less 5 hours! This place is HUGE and it has sooooo many fabrics to look at and choose from....and for legal purposes I can't tell you how much $$ was spent....would NOT want the hubby to have full disclosure on that one! LOL ~ I picked up so many great new fabrics, my brain is in overdrive thinking about all the cute little outfits I want to put together for my little girl!! I have got some great ideas for a few new "unique creations" - I might even share a few with the world!

OK..focusing on what I wanted to tell you!!!! It still makes me pretty excited just think about it! ....I met this really cool lady in the "Machine" section of the store....I got my very first Bernina for Christmas from my Mommy!!! She loves me....OK, focusing again
!! I met a Craft Celebrity ~ she has been on the Martha Stewart show and she just had a book published! So Awesome!!! Anyway, I am getting all excited talking about it now! She makes the cutest things from felted wool - super cool!!! Her name is Betz White, and she was so nice! She gave me some great pointers on what I should do with some of my items. You have to check it out!!! They are so cute! You can buy her book on her site and also on etsy. I can't wait to try some of her projects. My mom and I were just recently talking about how we should take some of the our old sweaters and shrink them down to make mittens. I bought some cute mittens at a craft fair this winter and they seemed super simple to make!! Because that is EXACTLY what I need to do....add another project to the mix!!! LOL!

So, What Crafty stuff is going on in Crazyville??? Well, I took on a painting project this week....we (my mother and I) are painting one daughters bedroom and it is taking just a bit longer than I thought!! My "free" project, has started to take a terrible turn..lol! My great oops paint ran a little short, and because it was an oops paint how easy do you think it was to replace??? Exactly!!! Then, I had paint left over from a different painting project, so I thought... I forgot I gave away the full gallon to a girlfriend for one of her painting projects! And to make it all even better....my mother who is otherwise a pretty good painter gave new meaning to the term "oops paint" because every two minutes I heard....."oops, I can get that cleaned right up....oops, where is my wet rag??"....nothing like aqua drip dots all over the tan carpet!!

What is with all this craziness???? I need to get off the computer and get to bed...that was part of my New Years Resolution...to get to bed by 11:30 every night. I really should go to bed even earlier....but it is already 1Am. Good Night Ladies!!

No comments: