Thursday, December 11, 2008

Tree Card



As promised, here is a card that I made a few years back and decided to try again. This wasn't an original idea, I picked it up at a card exchange. This makes a really nice touch to a gift. I do not recommend making these for your entire Christmas mailing list...unless of course you have loads of free time on your hands! This picture doesn't really do the card justice.


Simple materials, you probably already have them on hand..



1. Card Stock -You'll need a color for your card base, printed card stock for the front and white for inside the card and plenty of paper or scraps for your leaves.




2. Leaf hole punch. I have two different ones, either works great.

3. Rhinestones

4. Basic crafting tools!


*Cut your card bases.
*Punch your little leaves out until your hand hurts, and then punch a few more!!
*I found it easiest to adhere the printed cardstock to the card base before building my tree. *Then you start from the bottom and glue the leaves in a line. Then build another layer on top of that...all the way to the top.
* When you are done with all the leaves, apply a few rhinestones to the tree and the topper of your choice.

I am going to make a few of these in white and put little birds on the tree. I think that would be pretty cute!


I also purchased the Basic Grey's Wassil Christmas Card kit a couple weeks back. It was so simple! I love not thinking....here is a little peak at one of the cards. Plus a few little trees that I have picked up this Holiday season. I will tell you more about them tomorrow!




And this is just a Miscellaneous mess of other projects I am working on!!




No comments: