Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just a thought...


In this world of "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle..." I am AMAZED by the amount of catalogs that come in the mail! Thursday my husband thought the Library had been delivered right to our mailbox....it was ridiculous. One of the catalogs was the infamous Victoria's Secret catalog. I started flipping through it to see if there was anything cute....after a few minutes it became EXTREMELY clear that this catalog is designed and shot by Men!! One picture in particular stands out to me.....the model with her long flowing hair is standing there with her chest thrust out, shirt unbuttoned down to her navel looking super sultry. Now...REALLY???


I am sure that there are oodles of women without children who buy VS clothes and pretties - and even though I have four kids I still like pretty panties. But....as a woman with four children all I can think is that maybe they should have some pictures that are a little more Mom Friendly. ...realistic if you will.....

For instance...if they want me to buy that shirt, the woman should have at least one kid hanging off of her hip while trying to balance one of those trendy new bags on the other side. Hair slightly disheveled, maybe even with some smudge in her hair - and if her shirt is going to be unbuttoned it should at least have a small child's hand inside of it, we all know that that is really what it looks like when our shirt is unbuttoned - if we even realize that it is unbuttoned! They should actually be trying to promote how well the shirt will STAY buttoned!! And all bra's should be tested by woman bending over - from the waist - to make sure that your boobies are NOT going to pop out! Because that is just the worst..you bend over to tie a shoe and your bust has busted out of the bra!!! You stand up and things are facing the wrong direction and all askew! They should all be road tested.....I'd buy those!

OK, I just made my own self chuckle....Stupid catalog....

I had to throw it away before my husband got any crazy ideas!

Merry Christmas!

Spell check is NOT working right now, so if there is anything spelled incorrectly....ooops!

No comments: