Friday, December 19, 2008

Hi Alert People....High Alert!!

We are under siege right now with the Stomach Flu. The Princess spent the entire night puking every 20 minutes...it was horrible!!! The hubby and The Beauty have already had it this week and seem to have some lingering stomach cramps from it. Of course we need to have this happening 6 days before Christmas!!! I knew it was coming yesterday because at the shop she kept having these weird little burps and saying her tummy hurt. Every time I picked her up I was thinking...Please don't throw up on me...I don't want to be thrown up on....
Last night I was bent on getting my mantle done and my Nativity scene up....I got it done and then within the last second of placing the last sheep in the manger....Thar she blows.......

DISGUSTING.....

Man, I was thankful and regretting my wood floors at the same time! My poor husband walked in from basketball practice with the Brawn and I was standing in my panties and a tank top. He was a little confused!!

If The Brawn gets it we are all doomed. We all know the plan, but it is so frustrating to know that we could potentially be in the hospital for Christmas!! I have my papers for the ER and I pulled my tiny little bag of staples from the closet....it is like having your bags packed for having a baby!! Only not as much fun! And, honestly...I am freaking out right now about the whole situation!!!!

So, If I don't get this wrapping done - like RIGHT NOW - I am doomed!!! Even doing a simple Christmas I LOVE to do special touches on all the packages. It is another one of my favorite parts of Christmas. Some people have fond memories of baking cookies, not me...lots of cursing included in my "baking" memories. I do however love wrapping! I will give you a flashback moment....

When I was little, my grandmother who was the original Martha Stewart, wrapped EVERY present in beautiful paper with real ribbon bows and beautiful name tags! Each and every one was a present in itself. None of this gift bag stuff!! I always had the job of "put your finger right there..." I am surprised that I even have a finger left...lol.

So today I spent some part of the day making little pom-poms for some presents. It wasn't quite as successful as I thought! Who knew that pom-poms could be so difficult!!! Maybe it was the four little helpers I had?? I had this cute little idea of Kraft paper with red yarn pom-poms hanging from it....

No comments: