Monday, August 31, 2009

Time with my girls


Weekends are not what they used to be around here, not quite as slow paced anymore. This past Sunday I made a break in our hectic times and just sat on the back porch with the girls going through bags and boxes of buttons that I have collected along the way. I had pulled out a few of my fancier buttons last week for a girlfriends birthday present and had been itching to dig into them since then.

When I was a little girl my grandmother would let me go through her buttons while she sewed. She had the most beautiful buttons! Her favorite Uncle was a tailor and had the most amazing collection of buttons. He passed it on to her and she passed her love of buttons on to me!

I never thought when I was a little girl that I would be able to pass along my love of buttons to my little girls and yet I think that I have without even planning on it. The same way my grandmother passed it on to me.


I also discovered that this separated dish made a great organizing box for my buttons! We were working on filling it up when I took the pictures....there are three large bags under the table we are working on.

1 comment:

Jeanne Oliver said...

Isn't it interesting the things that we love growing up because the ones we love use or love them? My mom was always sewing and I even love the sound of the machine.