Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another round..

Yesterday, I made another go-around and turned a year older. Last year I had the most WONDERFUL birthday EVER! Literally, it was simple and sweet and exactly what I wanted. I thought it was the best....my husband even had a fancy custom cake made for me that replicated a coffee cup with our shop's logo on it. It was so cute!

August 2008 Birthday


This year was very similar. Not quite as peaceful, but just as simple....My husband surprised me with all sorts of little things that I had mentioned along the way - because I never officially "ask" for any. I don't like that!!... So all my little statements like..."if anyone ever really wants to buy me something, buy me some new dishtowels......" or ..."I really need to buy a blender so I can make smoothies before I go to the shop..." ... and "I really like this magazine, I would love a subscription some time..."

So my presents consisted of a subscription to Clean Eating magazine! YEAH!!! New dishtowels, a new blender and one of the best......a new wedding ring! Not an official wedding ring, not a flashy big Cha-Cha ring....but a beautiful hammered sterling silver band with the word Love engraved on the front. You can see it here....it is called the "Love Triumphant" ring. The little card that comes with the ring made me a little teary eyed....

My daughter and brother made me this very lovely cake...isn't it beautiful?!?! It was barely edible....heaven help me if she ever reads this...Honey, it was a lovely thought, and very pretty...mommy just needed a bigger glass of water...or maybe some milk!.... but honestly it was one of those moments when we ONLY stomach it because one of our children made it!


But, the BEST of the BEST....I was given the gift of four beautiful children and a husband who truly loves me. I have made many a wish for frivolous things in my younger days, but now when I make my wish and blow out the candles - I wish for the REALLY BIG Things, like......
That this man makes it home to me every night....


That they only know the best of Life...and all their dreams come true...



And, that he NEVER has to feel another day of discomfort or pain again. He has been through enough for all of us.....




Happy Birthday all you August babies!! Enjoy it however it comes to you!

1 comment:

Jeanne Oliver said...

Happy Birthday! I couldn't agree with you more about your birthday wishes. So sweet and your tender and loving heart towards your family radiates in your words.