Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fried Chicken and Chocolate Cake

I started my day out making Fried Chicken and Chocolate cake for my grandfather at 6:30 AM today. I have to say that was a first....never had my house filled with those two smells so early in the morning. It was all for a great man and I was happy to do it, I hope that he enjoyed it.

It was one of those meals that is made with heart and soul, and makes you feel good cooking for someone else. I am sitting here reading the blogs of some of my favorite ladies and thinking how much I would like to have dinner with them and eat food prepared from our heart and souls. Reading blogs can give you a peak into the lives of so many - and the ones that I favor really do share their souls with you, sometimes without realizing it....I feel so connected to them without even knowing them. I end my day with these women almost 7 days a week!

I decided that I want to sit around my table filled with candles and the beautiful faces of my blog favorites and share Fried Chicken and Chocolate Cake with them. I assume that these women are all beautiful because they have such amazing, beautiful spirits. I want to hear laughter and wisdom filling the air around us and soak up every minute of it!

Anyone who knows me also knows that half the fun of this would be planning the entire evening. The menu, the table scape, the invitation, everything! Obviously it is time for me to get some sleep because I am dreaming with my eyes wide open here, this dinner party can only happen in my dreams.

Good night all I have got a party to plan!

No comments: