Tuesday, November 4, 2008

You have no fortune.....

A little bedtime story for you....

Remember my mentioning of a broken foot and other cast members (lol...that sounds funny) in my family? And by cast members, I mean cast wearing members! Well here is the funny - somewhat unbelievable story. The kind that makes you say.....SERIOUSLY????? I actually Challenge your bad luck!!

In late August, on a dreary mid-week day, a Customer came in and asked if I would be interested in making Turkish coffee with him/for him? I agreed....it seemed like fun. Plus, I love to learn and try new things. He offered to read my fortune after we had finished our coffee....another part of the Turkish coffee experience. Again, I agreed...seemed pretty exciting to me!

He started with his, he showed me his "fortune" in the coffee grounds....it is a little like reading the clouds....I saw it. It was pretty exciting, I was ready to see what mine had to say.

Then he flipped my cup over, looked at it, looked at it a little more....showed me the lines of coffee grinds and explained that they are roads traveled and to be traveled....and then he very matter-o-factly said..."You have no fortune!".

I laughed a little and told him he didn't know just how true that was! Little did I know what I was in for...

Fast forward a few hours....

An UNBELIEVABLE storm came out of nowhere...literally hail so big that it blanketed the ground...Lightning, wind, and RAIN!! It was CRAZY with all cap's.

We were of course still at the shop and everyone (the entire family) was there, when a huge bolt of lightning struck in the distance. My hubby jokingly said "that just hit our house!...hahahaa". Within 5 minutes his cell phone was ringing. It was our neighbor telling us that the big tree out by our garden just got struck by lightning and had split like a banana. Some cursing followed and a tidbit of panic.....Storm passed and everything was back to normal...or maybe not.

OK, that was Tuesday/Wed......Sunday, same week, The Brawn comes to me, again at the shop, and says "my wrist really hurts..." I take one look at it and realize that it is broken. Yep, it was that obvious. We won't get into the husbands theory that "it didn't look that bad". I leave work, take him up to the Dr.'s....the first Dr. says it is fine...second Dr. confirms the broken wrist.

Remember this is Sunday....

week goes by and there is a birthday party on Saturday...the kids attend and guess what happens? In the words of The Brain...."...well, I fell about 5o times and at some point, this happened...." at which point he shows his swollen deformed wrist off. Yep...you guessed it....broken! Broken wrist, same hand as his brother....same EXACT break!!!

I jokingly say to the Dr....."just cast us all and get it over with. But, not my hands..we own a coffee shop..hahaha" Secretly I am fearing they think I'm abusing my children!

Ok, that was Saturday....

Thursday, get everyone home from school...Princess is sleeping while I am carrying her in from the car. Does anyone hold the door for mom?? NO! Mom holds the door for everyone else and then when I turn to go in and let go of the door...well, I failed to get in before the storm door slammed shut on my Achilles!! This resulted in my foot getting caught between the bottom of the door and the kick plate of the house, causing me to fall forward. I never for one moment thought I broke my foot, but I did know that something was seriously wrong with it. My toes retracted back like the witches feet in The Wizard of Oz!

I went straight to the Dr.'s. The staff at this point looked at me when I walked in like they were having dejavue! And guess what??? I BROKE MY FOOT!!!

So at this point I am sure you are thinking that this just can't get any worse? Never wonder that....Never....

A week later....The Brawn falls down the stairs and guess what....sprains his foot so badly that he needs to be in a cast for 6 weeks!! Yes....6 weeks!!!

I am not going to lie - I started looking for the vehicles to be parked outside my house with the words Social Services on them.

There were many kooky situations in those few weeks....true nutty-ness! We were going to take a group picture of us all, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I am still trying to forget it. I felt like there was a little hex over us. I am hoping that it has worn off by now, know what I mean!

The moral of the story....well....hopefully you will have had a giggle at my expense, but if/when someone tells you that "you have a long road to travel and you have no future"....run...run for the hills!! No, don't do that...you could trip and break something!! Just quietly walk away.....And as for my "fortune"...whatever little fortune I might have had before this incident has since been spent on co-pays and orthopedic bills.

...The same gentleman came in over the weekend and asked if I wanted to make Turkish coffee with him again...Uhhhh....NO!!!

I am still trying to rebuild my fortune!

With Love....

1 comment:

earthlingorgeous said...

Uhoh! Hahahaha! Fortune and future that's so funny. Don't run but exit gracefully next time! Thanks for dropping by my blog :)