Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mommy MacGyver

Just call me Mommy MacGyver.....
........we have all had those moments where we suddenly need to create something out of nothing! That would be dinner last night!!! Remember I was on my way out for errands when the Princess lost her cookies in the back seat! I didn't realize until moments before the hubby came home that I had nothing, I repeat nothing for dinner in the house. I scanned, slash that - searched the cabinets for some form of food.... Here is what I came up with....

Vegetable broth
canned of diced tomatoes
can of white beans
1/4 bag of little ring pasta
some onions

and I found some frozen vegetables in the freezer - bonus!

So, what did we come up with???

Hearty Minestrone Soup!! Yeah Mommy MacGyver! And it was Delicious!!!! I even found some croutons...dropped them on top for an added little treat. (We don't normally have them - they are empty carbs so I am thinking that hubby bought them and hid them in the cabinet. He acts the most deprived about our carb controlled environment!)

I will be working on my menu planning tomorrow morning. ....

No comments: