Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun Finds and Thrift Store Love

I have been waiting - very impatiently - to show you some of the Fun Finds that my husband and I found last week. I thought I would share them with you on this Talk about Tuesday! I have wanted to participate in this for a while, but by the time I get myself together it is like Thursday! Anyhoooo.... We were on a "date" of sorts....we had the Princess with us but she was being REALLLY good....It was a very nice day!! We had lunch at one of my favorites, and then we went to about a half dozen Antique, Consignment, and Thrift Stores. And surprisingly, he seemed to enjoy it as much as I did!! He said it was the company....isn't he sweet....I think he was just trying to get lucky if you know what I mean! Some of my fabulous finds are going to the shop, and some have come home with me to live in chaos like the rest of us!

OK, enough talk...let me show you what I found!! It makes me excited just remembering what I found...I am pathetic I tell ya!!! This is not everything....I don't want to overwhelm you!

First were these Lovely Linens!!! One of the many things that gets me really excited is finding Vintage Linens!!! I got all three of these for less than $20!! I have no intentions of parting with these!!! One has a little hole and one has a pretty interesting stain on it but I am sure I can get it out. The bottom one is in really good condition - just a little faded. I personally don't care what they look like at this point because I LOVE THEM!!!

Next up...this lovely little collection of mugs! I really liked the brown ones for my house, even the hubby was eyeing them up, but we parted with them already and they reside nicely above the Espresso Machine! They are a nice size - pretty vintage - and in PERFECT condition. Notice that there are only 5 of them? That is because I DROPPED one and broke it on the way to the register!!! The lady tells me that she has more and will bring one down to the shop for me. Then those sweet little tea cups next to the brown ones, well they are just sweet and I really liked them!! The blue willow mugs in the bag are great for Cappuccino's. They also are in really good condition!!! In fact I served to Cap's in them yesterday! They were all such a great price that it made them even prettier!!

NOW...Seriously.....do you see these SWEET little tea cups!!! I saw these and almost jumped out of my skin! This is only one of them, it is a set of four and man are they beautiful. One of them has a pretty significant crack in the plate but the rest are really nice! They are all hand painted with this little Asian scene, the insides are this beautiful iridescent white and all in all they are just beautiful!!! Have I mentioned that they are beautiful?? These, much to my chagrin are being sold at the shop. I can't keep everything.....I have to keep telling myself that!





I had picked up these three little pins a little while back and not gotten around to post them, but I really like them too!! The little pansies are made from ceramic and the black one is hand painted on wood. Very pretty!! The white one is just fun! I thought it would make a cool ring. OK, that is it for this trip. But....I have more from this past weekend!! You have to wait a bit longer for those!! They might just include a lovely white pitcher, a mint condition vintage jewelry box....and some really, really fun jewelry finds!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

How fun! I'm terrified of taking my kids into antique stores but I live for thrift stores and garage sales. I might have to ditch them one of these days and go without them.

Whitney said...

EVERYDAY FOR 6 MONTHS!? Oh geeze, I hope I am not like that or I will literally die. No joke.

I love your blog! So fun and interesting. :)