Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another day in Paradise...

We are still sitting in the hospital, things are looking up but still not 100%. I am idlely cutting and pasting old fashioned Valentines Cards for my loved ones!! Construction paper, scissors and crayons....who needs all the fancy smanshy tools & cardstock!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my cardstock...almost as much as I love my fabric!! But when you have only the primitives to work with - you make do!!

AND...If I may stand on my ever so small "soap box" for a minute...why can't SOMEONE make a cute little Valentine treat for kids that isn't attached to some empty calorie, crappy piece of candy or chocolate??? NOW I do realize that Candy goes with the season....but give me a break!! There are tons of kids in this world who can't eat "candy & treats". Why are there so many holidays that revolve around 5 pound bags of chocolate & sugar filled whatevers??? I am sorry...the sleep deprivation and stress caught up to me...maybe none of this makes sense, but after hustling my heiny two blocks down the street in a city I really don't know to find some sort of little "pick me up" for my beautiful boy - because this awesome Childrens Hospital doesn't have a gift shop????? - I couldn't find one thing to bring him back that wasn't related to candy or food!! It was really irritating!! Ok....sorry...I am done now.

I would love to show you my accordian style heart card with all the different reasons I love my little guy listed on each heart...but who brings all their technical gadgets along for the ride when your going for a little "procedure"??? Oh...wait!!! I just rememberd that my "guy" brought a camera with him to document this trip to the hospital and all the cool stuff in the City he sees on our way here!! Yeah...I will take pictures and post them later!!

I am hoping that he will feel up to doing Art Therapy tomorrow. Maybe with some convincing he will make a keepsake for his scrapbook.

Look what I found....a little "Blog Party" Yeah...sounds like fun!!
Ultimate Blog Party 2008 I would love to find some fun new blogs...and make some new blogger friends!! Maybe I will get some visitors too!?!?

PS: Sorry for any spelling errors....server won't let me spellcheck????

No comments: