Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ahhh...I can breath again!

OK....Do you ever get overwhelmed with your craft space??? You know when the piles of "projects" are starting to take over?? I do...I have been working in Chaos for the past two months! It was getting so bad that I actually moved what I was working on downstairs to the rest of the house....like any good crafter would do....I was feeling pretty overwhelmed so I packed up a few essentials and moved my project downstairs to the dining room. LOL!!! I have been sewing and...sewing, and bow making downstairs for the past 2 months. I had the "plan" to start with a declutter/cleansing after the first of the year....but got inspired a little ahead of time by a fellow internet buddy ~PS: my husband says he loves you right now...he can walk into the office and get to the computer without having to balance on one foot while maneuvering to the computer! It has taken a few solid days of work ...I am only going to show after pictures...I would feel like I am standing here nakey' as my kids would say, if you were to see the before and I just can't let that happen.....it would traumatize us both!!!!! It was bad in here...like a craft addicted/shopaholic had exploded!

There are still a few things that need to be done, but for the first time in 2 months I feel like I can breathe in here and I COMPLETED a pretty project at the end of my evening!! And a SUPER BONUS with that...my 11 year old came in and joined me and we had some great mommy/daughter time....aside from her incessant humming it was great!! That darn High School Musical is like my Nemesis these days!!! And my poor baby girl....received her first major craft injury tonight!!! Cut right into her thumb with a brand new pair of my fabric scissors!!! No blood on her fabric that she was working on...bonus!!!


This was a "poor mans re-do"...I used only what I already had at my house, refused to buy any more containers!! Plus, sadly...I was able to reorganize the craft studio and office WITHOUT having to buy anything! lol! Ok, lets take a look....

This is the "after" of the ribbon Closet. I also have a "fabric" closet. I will show those another day. The boxes on the top shelf hold my beading supplies, I don't bead that frequently so they are higher than my vision line :) Every attempt to keep focused!



The 8 white boxes hold multiple different colors and styles of ribbons. I broke them down like this: Red/Pink ~ Yellow/Green ~ Blue/Purple ~ Black ~ White/Tan & Brown ~ Satin/Sheer ~ 1/8-1/4" all types ~ Corkers



The next set of boxes...free from a collection of "mailing" boxes...get my drift??? The idea to use them came from an internet buddy, she cut a slit in the side for the ribbon to pass through. I covered them and cut the top flaps off, then put the ribbons in and used some Scrapbooking supplies to make the fronts prettier.



The tall clear containers have polkadots and stripes in them.










This is my "eye candy" shelf. I NEED to see things to be inspired by them. If it is hiding in a box, forget about it - because I forget that it is there!!




Over on the other side is the fabric closet and in between the two are two lower cabinets. I used them to hold my shipping and bow making supplies as well as the bulkier fabrics. I used pretty glasses to hold my pens, tags and chalk for my bulletin board. I will try to post 360 degree pictures...but again, that computer savvy part...lol!!


I also have a fun story to share with you about my trip to the fabric store today (well, actually now it is "yesterday's" story)! Off to bed ~ Put the craft tools down and get some sleep!!!


No comments: