Thursday, October 1, 2009

Holy Matrimony

14 years ago This guy and I got married....it has been an adventure, not always a joyride but certainly a ride..one that we have committed to finishing together.




No fancy dinner, no fancy dresses or suits, no sparkling beverage...we spent the day doing the same thing we have been doing for 13 of 14 years..taking a kid to the doctors for a hospital followup and running in different directions. The past 14 years have been treacherous and challenging but we have been in it together.....Happy Anniversary Honey!!

Yesterday was our anniversary but today is the day that we had 5 minutes with each other. I was snapping some pictures outside and he was laying in the hammock watching the puppies run and our girls swing. It was one of those rare moments of chaotic serenity....

I got in the hammock with him and we snapped a few pictures of "us" just like we did in one of those boardwalk booths on our honeymoon. I have to say...we don't look like we did 14 years ago, and I don't have a lick of makeup on today so it isn't my best run of pictures but here we are...all married and exhausted....but still in love and young at heart!

This is our serious face....

And a silly face....which made us laugh pretty hard and after which my lovely proceeded to tell me that if the hammock snapped we would kill the puppies and break our backs! Right...love you too honey!!! I think he was trying to imply that he might be a little bigger than when we got married...only him though.....lol.




POST EDIT: I came back and read this post and realized how me being so tired when I wrote it made our anniversary and my appreciation of our marriage seem a little lack-luster. That makes me a bit sad.... I am going to try again...after I get some rest....

No comments: