Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flopsy, Mopsy and Peter...you need a new home!!

Let's talk about the garden again....Not only has the garden taken on a life of it's own, it has even taken on NEW LIFE!!! We have found a little family of bunnies in there buried among the squash and zucchini! The first time my husband found the mother...it was really funny, she scared him. He's a city boy...

Then...I found the babies!! Four of them to be exact. I was picking some beans and saw two little eyes looking at me. At first, I thought SNAKE but then I saw the fur..




And yes, they are adorable...but they are EATING MY VEGETABLES!!!! I mean, I don't want to be greedy....but grow your own!! They have made a serious dent in my Butternut squash...and my tomatoes are never going to ripen if those little buggers don't stop eating them off the vine!!


Bree seriously thought that I couldn't pull one of the zucchini's out because the bunny was hanging on....I am supposed to let this girl date in a few years????


So what happens when you express your concerns about Vegetation Depletion by such cute little bunnies?????


Well, first your HUGE - OLD (this is how Lily has started to refer to her daddy) husband decides that he is going to take on the bunnies....


Then, your youngest daughter has a conniption and starts talking in a different language about what is going on....older sister tries to calm the situation...



While also trying to point out the location of hiding bunnies....



Three year olds take on the situation....not good, pretty sure she said some naughty things about her daddy!





Lacrosse sticks, Crab nets and other crazy paraphernalia came into this equation, but never fear...those bunnies showed that big guy who was boss!!




Then today, I found this....I think I understand why they have taken to my garden....

That baby is 14" long and 13" round!!! And I am not talking about the cute little Princess with the garden gloves on!!

No comments: