Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crazy...busy...and lots of dirt

I missed my little blog...life has been a little crazy, a little busy but overall just good ole LIFE!! The weather finally broke and we had a great weekend, that was awesome. I love being able to get out and "do stuff"! We had our first night of outdoor movies. So fun, we love them...big huge sky full of stars, warm cozy fire and of course hearing our kids crack-up at whatever we are watching!


My arch Nemesis of life when Spring springs....DIRT! I love that things grow from the dirt that will then feed us all year long...but I REALLY hate dirt being in my car, my house and my washing machine! ughhhh.... and with all the rain we have had lately we have lots of MUD which is just clumpy dirt. Being a compulsive sweeper, the dirt keeps me busy!

Saturday was an all day Baseball Bonanza, 4 baseball games, 3 of our kids playing, and only 2 parents to make this happen?? We ended up only having 2 kids able to play, so we made the best of it....I was able to make it to Bree's first game...they ROCKed! They ended up losing, which was not so great but they played really well. She pitched all but two innings and it was in those two innings that the four runs were scored that flipped the score book.






This girl can play some ball. She amazes me, so strong and beautiful at the same time! Her daddy taught her well and I am pretty sure that his genetics make her all that more athletic! The last inning she pitched, she had 3 up and 3 down. I acted very excited when she told me, and then when I figured out what she was talking about...I was very excited for her! And then she came home all dusty and dirty....lol.

She competed today in a Pitch, Hit and Run and is moving on to the Sectionals. I didn't see any other girls there and nobody would answer me about whether there were other girls competing...which usually means, NO. I have this weird thing about her competing with all the boys, because nobody likes to be beat by a Girl....and because I don't want her to be THAT girl that plays the boys sports...you know what I mean???? But in her defense she played boys baseball long before she was forced to play girls softball.


OK, bragging done...for now! Just kidding...

I missed the next game which was Jacobs game, I had to go to work...we were pretty busy at the shop - I HATE missing their games!

And today I was out and playing in the dirt myself! I got to plant 3/4 of my garden and moved some plants around in the backyard. I switch my plants around like I switch my wardrobes around....this frustrates my husband to no end! But I LOVE it.... The robins were following me around like I was their new BFF....I kept bringing all the big fat worms to the surface...sorry worms!

We played in the "poopy dirt" as Lily called it. She helped, hopefully they grow...hopefully there are still seeds in there...



See my handy little grid there....that is so my husband doesn't get all crazy with the tomatoes again this year!

1 comment:

traci said...

It's nice to know there is someone out there with a child similar to mine - a handful, but so worth it. I love your garden grid. We just got our garden seeds and supplies on Monday night. I too, hope my husband doesn't go crazy with tomatoes.