Monday, April 6, 2009

Allowance

Remember when you were younger and if you did all your chores and kept yourself in line all week you got a little spending cash at the end of the week??? Mine was also known as a "paycheck"...I have worked ever since I can remember!! Well, at least since I was 14 or 15?? I never really had an allowance growing up- and I am pretty sure that this is why.....



Because I really, REALLY want to blow my allowance this week on this beauty right here!!!






Now as a grown woman with four kids who works very hard every day...I have an allowance! We aren't taking paychecks right now - and "with the economy these days" (the most loathed and frequently used words in my vocabulary right now!) I have put myself on a little, very little allowance! And, I am not too proud to admit it! lol....

I am becoming a firm believer in this "allowance"...it makes you think very carefully about what you need....or maybe you just want it??

And right now, I think that I NEED that fancy little shrug to serve the fanciest coffee in all of Deale!!


I have given the kids a $5 weekly allotment/allowance to use either on the school store, to buy lunch, or a little trinket that they want. Well...today is Monday - they got their allowance last night and my oldest promptly bought herself the BIGGEST, most GI-NORMOUS candy bar that the grocery store had. Seriously.....where does she get such decision making skills??? Allowance - Blown!


Shrug and an entire collection of ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS - GORGEOUS - ROMANTIC lovelies are available from Bonzie on Etsy!! I really, really want about 6 different pieces that she has!!!

No comments: