Thursday, June 18, 2009

Time Warp


I am living in a time warp...and not the cool fun kind where you get to dress in fun period clothing! The kind where Life and everything else takes place~ moves so fast you wonder when did that happen??? ~ The kind where your "baby" turns 13 and you have no idea where the time went????

My beautiful daughter turned 13! I can't believe it!! 13....how does that happen???? Where did that time go??? This was the hardest birthday for me, I didn't get all weird about my 25th, 30th, or 35th birthday! But, my baby turning 13...that did it for me! It also reminded me not to take time for granted.....easier said than done! I could go on and on about the reflective thoughts that I have had since this particular birthday but I won't do that to you!


Among other things she is becoming a beautiful Young Lady...so many things to be proud of. She became a member of the National Junior Honor Society. Finished up her school year as an Honor Roll student - all four quarters, and made us SO Proud!



She Played another AWESOME season of softball. Her athletic talent, combined with her work ethic I am hoping will pay off in the form of an athletic scholarship.





Simple things make her very happy, little cake, a few presents, her family and she is a happy girl!





Hopefully it will be a little while before she becomes a total teenager...we are dealing a little with the attitude, but so far that is the only thing surfacing. No Boy craziness, no Fashion craziness...just a little attitude. Or BIG attitude depending on the day. I will take it over any of those other options.

I love you baby!

1 comment:

A Musing Mother said...

Yesterday I was breastfeeding my oldest. Today I'm giving her a curfew. Every day flies by like that!