Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Getting out of Town

Not really....but it sounded like a "nice idea". And really, it isn't quite as good as it might sound! Yesterday I took my oldest up to the mall - which seemed like it was a million miles away - did a little girl time and a little shopping. Then we went over to the craft store where I picked up my new BIG project!! It is one that I am REALLY EXCITED about!!! Yippee.... so so excited!! I am making a doll house for the Princess!! I have SO much extra time on my hands....not, but I really need to work on some crafty goodness for my own sanity. Ok, so my point was...we also slipped over to the Cow ice cream place (Maggie Moo's) - which we all LOVE!! Then tonight when I was standing at the register trying to buy some doggy chow I realized that I didn't have my credit card! YIKES!!! I quickly traced it back to the last place I used it, ice cream, so in the car we went back up to the "big town" to pick it up. Got it, and a little more ice cream just for our troubles, and on our way home my daughter said to me, "Mom - it feels like forever since we were out of Deale!" And you know what? She was right! We have become so centered around the shop that we rarely ever go anywhere. Except to the orthopedic....but that is definitely a different story!!

We need to try and "get out of town" a little more! We live in a pretty small area, it isn't like there is so much going on that we "never need to leave", quite the contrary, but I have also been really trying to "stay/shop/live local", I guess it is working!

All for now, I will post some pictures of my newest project. I am so excited about I hope I don't get carried away and forget to take pictures of my progress!!!

No comments: