Monday, December 28, 2009

The Calm after the storm










...or Holiday whatever you want to call it.

The days prior to Christmas seem to have happened in a blur and the days since seem to be in a nice lazy haze.


Our area was blanketed in snow just before Christmas from the Blizzard of 09'...the first white Christmas in 20 years. I can't believe it was that long!!! Slightly detrimental to our business, but made for lots of fun!!






We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We spent the Eve very casually with my mom, brother and stepfather..it was great. A few really good laughs and then off they went to their homes and off our children went to bed. A very special princess got her Orange Princess dress and Blue Witch hat...please note the enthusiasm when she opened them....(handmade by my mother)

Santa was VERY relaxed this year. He didn't go EXTREME with gift piles or wrapping...all very simple..

Christmas Day was wonderful! Presents, Breakfast ~ quick family visit with my grandfather and then home to spend the evening with friends.


Everyone got exactly what they wanted....


Xbox360 - and an asthma attack...not on the Christmas wish list, but we made it through...


A new phone....

A Nintendo DSlite



A Christmas Tree...
A cup, and candles for her marshmallows???....(plastic, battery operated)


We laughed so hard during dinner that I think I forgot to eat...however I remember laughing so hard that I choked so I must have had at least one bite. Then we played games into the WEEEEE hours of the morning.


It WAS FANTASTIC! One more look under the tree proved that we had all gotten exactly what we asked for! A terrific Christmas Holiday!

No comments: