Monday, November 2, 2009

Handmade Holidays 2009!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

I am doing it again.....handmade for all. Last year went really well! A few "Elf" made gifts made their way under our tree, but for the most part it was handmade and up-cycled whenever possible.

I am pushing myself one step further this year. I am going to "attempt" to use what I already have on hand to make these gifts. I honestly have WAY too much in my craft room and am 90% certain that I can accomplish my gift making/giving without having to buy anything new.

Wish me luck!

There are approximately 60 days until Christmas so I figure 5 days on each gift can earn me 12 really nice gifts! I will also be visiting Etsy and some of my favorite blogger's shops. There is so much to chose from!! The kids really got into making wish lists from Etsy. And in effort to be completely honest...I am buying each of the kids a "Snuggie" because I think they are hysterical and make a great gag gift. Gag in more ways than one.....

But they will be purchased from our local hardware store (family owned)- they carry a bit of everything - so I feel good about buying this mass produced product from one of our local stores.

Again....wish me luck!

I will keep you posted on how it is going.

1 comment:

Jeanne Oliver said...

I only bought handmade last year and everyone loved it. I felt so good about supporting other artists and people got original unique gifts. This year I am wanting to make them myself...good luck to you...and me:-)